How does this work?

Well, I'm happy to say that I am in much better spirits about my upcoming book.  A very good and dear friend offered to help edit and critique my work. 

Yes, I still have worries because I'm terrified that she'll hate my work, but I've told myself that it is better to hear the truth from someone I trust and who I know has my best interest at heart.

I've surrendered my manuscript and slowly, but surely, I am getting the much needed feedback.  The great news is, so far my friend really loves what she's reading... and yes, she's the type of friend who would tell me straight if my work sucked.  She would be more eloquent and gentle about it, but having known her so long, I would know just by the look on her face.

Now I have a bit of free time and I'm wondering how Blogger works?  How do I get people to visit my blog?  What should I talk about?  Is there more I should be studying and doing to improve my blog?  I didn't really set out to blog, but it is a great medium to reach readers.  For me, it's more about building a community.
 
Eventually, when my book is out, I'm going to love talking about the characters and the story, but I'm holding back right now, cause... well, I don't know why I'm holding back.

That's part of the problem, I don't know how this works and what I'm supposed to be doing with this blog.  (Sigh)... I hope, I figure this out soon :)

If you have any tips for me, please let me know :)