Smart Drugs (Nootropics)

Ok, so I was thinking the other day... 'I wonder if there is something that could enhance my creative thinking?' 

I was going through a slump and had reached a road block in my writing.  I should be done by now, but it just isn't working out that way at all.  My frustration was getting the best of me and I guess I was looking for some kind of short cut.

So, I fiddle-farted around the web and wouldn't you know it?!  There are actually supplements (legal) that you can take to enhance brain functions!  Why was I even surprised? 

I looked into it and was completely fascinated by the promises of what it can do.  Increase productivity, increase memory, increases creativity!  Bingo!  Just what I was looking for!

But then, I read some more and it turns out that many of these supplements are also used for folks who have some type dementia.  Then I started thinking... 'Hmm, maybe it's not such a good idea to mess around with my brain.'

My brain doesn't always cooperate with me, but for the most part my noggin works really well :)  Why mess with it, just to be able to do something faster and easier? 

Creativity needs to be bred and nurtured and I realized; I  wasn't doing what I was supposed to in order to give my creative mind the environment it needs to thrive.

Just a general word of caution from one friend to another--no smarty drugs for me and I would say buyer-beware of these things.  The brain is an incredible, powerful, mystical organ.  It's meant to be stimulated, but the method of stimulation should be very carefully selected.

We're still learning about the brain's capabilities and until we know more about our wrinkled, mushy, super computer (LOL!), we need to handle our noggins with tender loving care :)

Just in case, you're wondering what these smart drugs are, here's an article from Wikipedia.

(I love Wikipedia!)

WIKIPEDIA: NOOTROPICS