I need a database

Ugh! I'm currently working on Book 2 for my upcoming series, Order of the Anakim.

I gotta say, the second installment is kicking my butt!  There are lots of characters coming up and lots of events happening at the same time.

With all the action going on, I'm finding that I'm having a hard time keeping up with the time line and keeping the characters where they need to be at the right time. 

I'm about half-way through the second book and I'm at a stand still because of a nagging feeling.  "You need a database!" says the little voice inside my head.  Coincidentally, said voice sounds a lot like my friend, Nancy Brooks.

I've been telling her I don't need one, but I think she might be right!  Things are building at a fast rate and I need a good way to keep track of the characters, their stories, the story, locations, everything!

Thing is, as much as I know I need to do this, I don't wanna!  I know it's going to take a lot of work to put this together and I'm thinking, that's time away from writing. But, because this is bugging me, I won't be able to write until I get the darn thing put together... so I go back to Ugh!

Well, one thing for sure, I don't want to spend any money on some fancy software.  I have enough gizmos in my laptop that I should be able to make something work. I hope...

Wish me luck!

I'll do a later post and let you all know, how this works out for me.  If I can come up with something pretty effective, I'll share the template and save you some work... you know, just in case you decide you need a place for all your story stats too :)