Keepin' on

You know... there are times when plans just don't work out.

That's me.

I had this great plan, update my books, fix them, promote them, and hopefully find some people to love them as much as I do.

Well, it started out pretty well or so I thought, but then... boom! I hit a wall, a big one. But I guess, in a way it was good.

What happened?

Well, I'm chugging along feeling like my plans were coasting pretty smoothly, when suddenly a good friend, a trusted friend, told me about all the errors she found in my book! After I picked up my jaw from the floor and I could speak again, all that came out of my mouth was "Whaaa?"

Grrr!

Anyways, at the least I'm frustrated. Momentum is difficult to build and I had to stop what I was doing. I couldn't in good conscience promote my books when I knew there were errors! Ugh! So, anyways, I'm on my umpteenth recheck and thank goodness, same friend is willing to help out!

Lesson?

Don't let bumps in the road deter you or stop you. You may have to slow down, but slowing down means avoiding damage and moving on to a smoother road. That's where I am. It's all good. My plan took a big detour, but I'm very thankful for it.

Why?

Cause now, I feel more confident that my books are better :) and that's always a good thing.

Progress so far:
Prelude to a Storm -- done
Gathering Storm -- done, just waiting for Amazon and Smashwords to approve
Dark Skies -- in process
Tempest Dawn -- in the que

Not bad, right? And in the meantime, I'm writing Midnight Rain and I'll be releasing a Reader Exclusive to folks that have trusted me enough to sign up for my list. It's my way of saying thank you.