I'm back


I'm okay and I have been. I haven't gone over the edge. I'm still working my day job, taking care of my family, socializing with friends... it's just the writing that suffered. Writing insecurities. I have a lot of them. Little writing demons who like to continually gnaw at my confidence. Little bastards. LOL!

I've been in a writing funk. Ugh...

I normally snap out of these fairly quickly, but this one has ridden me for nearly a year. It sucks cause it has taken me away from what I enjoy -- writing.

It's weird.

I love writing. It makes me happy. But it also makes me sad.

I want to improve my skills, but the only way to do it is to write, but I can't write when I'm in a funk.

It's a crazy train, but I'm getting ready to get off. LOL! It's not a fun train -- at all! Not writing makes me feel disconnected and unsettled. Like there's a thorn pressing on me, but I can't see where it's poked.

I'm dusting off my keyboard and getting back in the chair. I'm hoping the ideas flow in and out of me like the rays in that portrait.

Deep breaths....

I can do this!