Busy

It's been a while since I last posted, but all for good reason.  I have been busy!  Truly! Not only am I working on my series--finishing up Book 1, which I hope to release early next year, also working on Book 2, and I've started Book 3.

In addition, I'm still working my day job and most importantly, my family.  I try to ignore them once in a while, but it doesn't work for very long.  Hahaha!  My boys and hubby are great about supporting me, but I can't neglect them.  They are a big part of the reason I'm doing this. 

The other thing I've recently done is I'm working with a bunch of other authors.  We're all donating a story that will be compiled into an anthology.  The coolest part about this project is that the proceeds from the book will be donated to charity! It feels great that I can do something that I love and that it can actually help out in some way. The charity project is actually my focus at the moment since we have a deadline, whereas my own works--I can be a little more flexible. 

Also, and I am so excited about this part!  I got a cover for Book 1!  Aack! It looks amazing!  Let's just say,
my mouth dropped when I got it.  It was like looking at a newborn babe. I was looking at the fruition of my work, it's coming true and I am hopeful, excited, scared, confused, and all that. (I will reveal the cover soon!)

I often think that I'm not doing enough, but I can't rush this.  I believe in divine timing and I have to remind myself that things have a way of working out if I just let it.  Don't force it and don't fight it, just keep plugging away. The seeds have been planted and it's time to let them grow and hopefully sprout into a something wonderful.

I will admit that I really don't know where to start in terms of the business side of things, but I'm reading and trying to learn. Whether I can apply the techniques and make it work for me... we'll have to see.  There's a lot of things out there, promising quick success and great riches, but for some reason, I can't bite into their philosophy-their way.  Don't get me wrong, I want to be successful and I'd like to be able to make a living out of writing, but I guess it's the methods being preached that I'm having trouble with.

I just pray that I find something that works for me and I'm completely comfortable with. 
For now, I'm doing what I can and that is to create the books.  It's fun, I enjoy it, and it's where my  heart is.

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate your company.