What's been going on?

Hope you've all been well.

What's been goin on with me?

Writer's block for the most part has really got me stumped. So much so that when I've thought about my writing pursuits, I've been forced to put it in the back seat. 

Sadly, writing hasn't been the priority. It actually makes my heart sad to say that out loud.

I haven't given up... though I've come close to calling it quits a few times in these last two years. 

I don't know for sure what brought on the unbreakable wall of non-writing.

The pandemic perhaps? Life obligations? General stress? The never-ending chitter of the hamster-in-a-wheel-inside-my-head about not being good enough?

I guess it could be any of those things and more. Needless to say, my mind has been too occupied with worries. But after two years, there is finally room in there to let some light and fresh air in. 

It's time to dust off my brain and find my muse again. She has been gone a loooong time. I hope I can find her again. Anyone know how to summon a muse? LOL!

Today, as I write this post in my attempt to re-introduce myself to my medium, I've come to realize that I haven't felt quite right because I was not honoring my creative side. 

My unsolicited advice? 

Keep on writing. Keep on singing. Keep on dancing. 

Keep on creating. 

Keep doing all the positive things that bring you joy.

As for me, I'm shifting writing back towards the front seat. I have to shake off the cobwebs that have littered my mind these last two years. I am going to refocus and return to my WIP, Eye of the Storm.

Hopefully, I'll have a new book to offer you before the end of this year.